MONTEREY PLUS AMENDMENTS
Here you’ll find materials about C-WIN’s activism educating the public about the Monterey Agreement covering State Water Project contract amendments. The amendments have put California ratepayers, the Delta, and rivers at a disadvantage especially during drought years, while agricultural water contractors have benefited. The Agreement and its subsequent amendments were done in secret.
- Rosedale-Rio Bravo Water Storage District complaint filed May 14, 2010 in Kern County Superior Court against Kern County Water Agency et al for damages from the Pioneer Groundwater Recharge and Recovery Project (pdf).
- Rosedale-Rio Bravo Water Storage District/Buena Vista Water Storage District complaint filed June 3, 2010 in Kern County Superior Court against CEQA for Monterey Plus Amendments to State Water Project contracts (pdf).
- First Amended Petition for Writ of Mandate and Complaint for Declaratory and Injunctive Relief; filed in Sacramento County Superior Court – June 4, 2010 (pdf)
- Complaint for Declaratory and Injunctive Relief and Petition for Writ of Mandate; filed in Kern County Superior Court – July 2, 2010 (pdf)
- Suit Filed to Reverse One of the Biggest Ripoffs in California History: Groups Seek Return of Kern Water Bank to Public – June 2, 2010 – (pdf)
- Ratepayers, Farmers, and Conservationists File suit to Block Southern Ag Water Grab – June 3, 2010 (pdf)
- Impact of Monterey Plus Amendments and Kern Water Bank Transfer on Alternatives for the Delta Plan – January 24, 2011 (pdf)
- Impact of Monterey Plus Amendments and Kern Water Bank Transfer on Alternatives for the Delta Plan – January 26, 2011 (pdf)
KERN WATER BANK
Sacramento Superior Court Judge Timothy Frawley ruled on the lawsuit by C-WIN, CSPA, Center for Biological Diversity and South and Central Delta Water Agencies against the Monterey Amendments. Judge Frawley ruled that the environmental review for transfer of the Kern Water Bank was inadequate.
- “State Failed to Analyze Effects of Water Bank, judge rules,” by Bettina Boxall – March 5, 2014
- Court Strike Down Environmental Review of Controversial Kern Water Bank – March 6, 2014 (pdf)
- Central Delta Water Agency, et al. v California Department of Water Resources, et al. Judge Frawley (pdf)